Friday 4 January 2013

Week 1 - Emma Canning Blog Hop FREE digi!

Happy New Year everyone and welcome back to the Polka Doodles challenges for 2013! 
We have something very special lined up for you over the next couple of weeks as we're hopping with some really cute images made exclusively for the Blog Hop by the lovely Emma Canning.
Emma has drawn us a really sweet image for this challenge which all the Design Team have used in their creations and you'll see just how versatile it is. You'll find the image a little further down the post because in order to be in with a chance of winning this challenge, we'd like you to make a project with the image and get hopping!

Before we give you all the details and the FREEBIE, we need to announce the winners of the Week 50 challenge which was to make a card for a Christmas Birthday or for a Young Adult. There were lots of gorgeous entries making a very difficult task for the Design Team but there can only be one top 3:

First Place: Ivonne H - you win a £50 Goodie Bag and please use verification code PD1W150
Second Place: Eret - you win a Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD and please use the above verification code to claim.
Third Place: Tracey F - you also win a Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD and please use the above verification code to claim.

Congratulations to you all! Please email Nikky to claim your prize and all the blinkies can be found in the sidebar.  Please remember to add the verification code and the challenge week in the subject field on your email - you must use the code given above to claim your prize otherwise we cannot release it.

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:
1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.

Now for all the Blog Hop details and your FREE digi! 
Your Challenge for the week is to make a project using this very sweet Emma Canning image (just click and save) and also to take part in the Blog Hop - the hop list is below (just click the image to get the proper size and then right click and save to your desktop).
Here's the Blog Hop Order:
Your starting point is here so don't forget to leave a comment below!
Anjie
Asha
Astrid
Fliss
Karon
Kimberly
Melissa
Miria
Patty
Sally
Flat Friends Challenge Blog

To be in with a chance of winning the challenge you MUST leave a comment on each of the blogs or you will not be included in the draw! Our team are full of great inspiration so make sure you follow their blogs as you go around the hop too!

The first prize this week is 3 Download Bundles and the second and third prize winners will each receive 1 Download Bundle (if you want to see how fabulous the choice here is check out the online shop!)

Now for that fabulous inspiration!...

Karon:  I couldn't wait to use the new Cherryblossom Lane CD and I loved this new image from Emma Canning, which I coloured in with alcohol markers.  I decided to make it a card for a friend and found the perfect sentiment on the CD and the patterned papers are from the CD too - there are so many to choose from. I layered up my card to have borders around everything.  And of course I had to add a little ribbon and some pearls to finish it off.

Kimberly: Oh my...these papers from Cherry Blossom Lane CD are to die for...I just love the soft pink colours in all of them..I'll be using this set over and over for sure. This super sweet image from Emma Canning fits perfect with these designer papers. Coloured her up with my markers and added some sentiments from the Candy Doodles collectors edition which matched up perfectly with the papers. Added a couple embellishments and there you have it...super simple and sweet.
 
Astrid  I liked the new image from Emma Canning a lot, its a lovely lady. I coloured her with my Copic Markers and used paper from a paper pad with now name. The flowers are handmade and sprinkled with fine glitter, and the leaves are from Marianne Design. The tag is from the new Cherryblossom Lane CD.

Asha - This image by Emma Canning is supremely sweet and a joy to colour with alcohol markers. Of course, I just had to use Polka Doodle's brand new Cherry Blossom Lane CD. I picked soft, pastel colours to make this delicate feminine friendship card.  The sentiment is also from the CD. For embellishments I used some sheer pink ribbon and pale pink bling from my stash.

Sally - Hi This is an image from Emma Canning which I love. I coloured the image with Promarkers and cut her out. I used one of the toppers from the Cherry Blossom Lane CD and cut out the roses. Attached them to a Spellbinders Fancy Label then adhered that to one of the stripey papers from the Cherry Blossom Lane CD.

Miria For my card I used Emma Canning lovely image coloured with Kuretake Zig Kurecolor. The sentiment and paper are from cd Love & Cherish. Just added some tulle, ribbon, doily and half pearls from stash.

Anjie I have used the fabulous free image from Emma Canning which is coloured with the Ltd Edition Winter ProMarkers. The papers are from the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD which I have slightly distressed. I have added a Marianne D Doily diecut and some flowers cut using a Marianne die. I have then added some faux stitching, some hearts, a paper button and a few gems.

Patty For my card I've combined Emma's cute image with papers from the Pretty Tuff CD and a sentiment from the Pretty Sweet CD. I added a frame left over from die cutting and a pretty ribbon to finish off.

Fliss I've gone very floral for my card using a very pretty paper, sentiment, floral border and the cute little bird from the gorgeous new Cherry Blossom Lane CD. I coloured the sweet image with my treasured Aquamarkers and die cute the image and sentiment. The green ribbed card came from my stash and I inked the edges of the panels a little and finished off with some pink pearls.

Melissa  For my card I used Emma Canning's beautiful image. I coloured using color pencils. The paper and cute sentiment  is from Candy Doodles CD)! I also used Prima flowers just to add a little sweet touch to this card!

You'll probably need a cuppa after reading all this and can I remind you that you MUST make a card with the above image and do our blog hop to be in with a chance of winning a prize.

Make sure you join us at the same time next week for the 2nd part of our hop with another FREEBIE and some more great prizes!!

Good luck!

........................................

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards ladies :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, hoping to get one done tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lavori molto stimolanti e dolcissimo timbro.

    bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to everyone!
    I'm so happy to see my name on top 3 :) Thank you so much! Congrats to all winners.
    Design team is awesome again. Love all your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards from the DT! Thanks for the cute image to work with! Off to hop and then to create!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great image and lots of inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards guys, have had a very fun time playing with this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! Thanks for choosing my card as one of the winners :) Beautiful cards from the DTs! Hugs, Ivonne

    PS. I love the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards from the Design Team!
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic hop! I am back to enter the card I made for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the DT's cards. Thanks for the cute image!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great start to the New Year. I love all the cards by the team - such a variety with the same image too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still can't get Mister Linky thing to work. I'll try again tomorrow
    http://kimboscardsandcats.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/emma-canning-blog-hop-at-polka-doodles.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab cards and image. never done a blog hop before.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just added mine :) off to have a look at all the fab creations now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous blog hop.Great inspiration from a talented DT.Thank you for letting us use such a pretty, versatile image.Will pop my card up tomorrow when I've took a pic.Also thank you for the cd I won for the New Year challenge - very kind.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!