Friday 29 November 2013

Week 48 Polkadoodle and Studio 12 Challenge - It's a Sketch!

Hi everyone and welcome to another challenge day!
Firstly we have lots of readers from the USA and we would just like to wish you all a very
Happy Thanksgiving
Thankyou to every single person who reads this challenge each week and especially to those who enter, we appreciate all your support!


The Random Winner of our Week 46 challenge is: 
No 12, Susan Renshaw - well done! 
Please email us here to claim your prize which is a £10 gift voucher to spend at Polkadoodles, woohoo!
Our Fave Top 3 this week are: No 4 Bo , No. 8 Elena and No 12 Susan
Well done ladies, grab your blinkies from the sidebar and thanks for joining us! 


Follow the Sketch Design Team Challenge...

For you guys at home you can do an ANYTHING GOES but if you can we'd like you to include 2 elements at least from the sketch!...

the design team had to follow the sketch of course, so let's see what they made...




We love sketches! They can really help massively when you have a creative block and if you have loads of cards to make in a batch they are also great at keeping you focused and on track. You can take the same sketch and twist it, turn it, interpret it how you wish, the choice is yours.

The winner of this challenge will receive a Polkadoodles goodie bag  - great prize!! 
Closing date for the challenge is Sunday 8th December at 12noon GMT and will be announced on Friday 13th December - and don't forget to link your actual blog post so we can come and visit you! 


Let's get to the inspiration from the Design Team this week!...


JAN - Here's my take on the sketch using papers and sentiment from the 'Angelberry Christmas CD' and all other embellishments are from the 'A Home for Christmas CD'. I layered most of the images digitally, then printed out the little house again and decoupaged it and added some glitter for the snow.
Lizzie - I have to admit I find sketches hard and I struggled for a while until in the middle of the night I had an idea !! A header for sweeties I thought .......... Then I thought how about a header for Reindeer food and as I am going to a craft fair next weekend I could make loads and sell them !!!


So that 's what I did !! I used the A Home for Christmas CD for this, paper and all the embellishments are from the CD. I just put them together with text in my graphics program ! The star has Santa flying through it, the three circles are the Reindeer, the ribbon is the vertical line and the Title is the horizontal line !! I did 3D up the embellishments too and added a poem to the back.


Bev Ok so I've not done a tutorial for a while so thought I'd share some photos with you all on how I put together this weeks design team piece. You can see this in full on the post below this challenge...
Anjie - Here is my take on the sketch. The papers, image and sentiment I've used are all from the Angelberry Christmas CD and the ribbon from my stash.

Shell-Oh I do love a sketch, for my take on it this week I have use an image from the A Home For Christmas CD, the fab image has been coloured with copics and promarkers, I added a few die cuts to finish it off. I wanted the image to really pop off the page so I went with an embossed paper.

Ruth:  I went for something a little different and used the very cute bear from Sundae of Seasons and I've gone for the decoupage version.  Two fancy die cuts and some pink organza ribbon plus three pearlescent stars make up the rest of the sketch and I've added a sentiment from A Home For Christmas cd.


So there is all the fab inspiration from the team - I'm sure you'll agree that they're all superb makes!
Remember you do NOT have to use our products (although obviously we would love it if you did) , just add your entry to Mr Linky below and pinch our badge for your blog sidebar - we'll see you back here on Tuesday for our usual Digi Choosday challenge....
Rules: No Backlinks and no copying another blogger's work and passing it off as your own please!
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

5 comments:

  1. Love your projects! Great takes on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Dt cards and well done winners x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous DT cards... I just LUV that bear by Ruth :-)
    Thank you for this Challenge :-D

    Hugz
    IKE in Greece xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for picking me as a winner!! I can't wait to use my new digis...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the rule clarification. :)
    Here are two I'd like to share.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    Designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!